What is involved in shaping creative ideas?
About the course
b-side and Activate Performing Arts teamed up to deliver a FREE short online course exploring what’s involved in shaping creative ideas. Through a series of 7 online taster workshops in August, we trained and supported 15 young people from Dorset to:
- Develop their own creative ideas
- Expand their knowledge & confidence in creating their own ideas and events
- Grow connections with likeminded people
- Explore ways of doing events differently (we will look at how COVID-19 has changed current events, and how it might change events in the future)
We looked at:
- What makes a great event
- How to develop their artistic ideas
- Ways to identify their target audiences
- How to assess the risks involved
- The importance of building good relationships
- Tips for marketing their events
- How to create an effective budget
- What environmental factors they need to consider
- Ways to evaluate success
We delivered this pilot online course via Zoom across the month of August and plan to expand and develop the course further. We’re keeping in contact with the course participants and hope to continue supporting them and their ideas.
Download the project summary and feedback below.
It was really nice to have people to talk to and getting to be introduced to some really interesting people.
It all made the world of arts feel more accessible and I think this helps, because the arts can often feel quite grand and alienating to people like me, but I now feel as though I can do all the things we’ve learnt about. Thank you for a good course!
- CREATE! Course participant