This Land offers flexible opportunities to learn new skills in a fun, friendly and welcoming environment.
Being part of the project offers opportunities to:
- Develop research skills
- Learn presentation skills
- Learn how to research the history of places using the census and other online tools
- Find out how to make oral history interviews
- Find out more about the history of Portland’s special places
- Learn more about Portland’s unique environment and biodiversity
Plus you will get to meet new people and have fun!
This Land offers flexible opportunities to learn new skills in a fun, friendly and welcoming environment. By uncovering Portland’s hidden histories you could make an important contribution to Portland’s present and future.
No experience necessary, open to all, and refreshments will be provided.
ABOUT JEANIE SINCLAIR
Dr Jeanie Sinclair is historian. She works with oral histories and archives to discover hidden and alternative histories, and is particularly interested in how histories of community and place are important in the present. Her PhD thesis uses gossip in oral histories to reveal alternative queer and feminist stories.
Saturday 21 May 11 – 4pm
St Georges Centre